The biggest Bass Pro Shop in the world is located inside a giant pyramid in downtown Memphis, Tennessee. At 535,000 square feet, it is the largest Bass Pro Shop on the planet.
Key Facts About the World’s Biggest Bass Pro Shop:
- Opened in 1991 inside the Memphis Pyramid, which is 321 feet tall
- Total space of 535,000 square feet makes it the world’s largest Bass Pro Shop
- Features huge aquariums with 600,000 gallons of water
- Includes a hotel, restaurants, bowling alley, shooting range, and observation deck
- Tallest free-standing elevator in the United States
- Ranks among the top 10 biggest pyramids in the world
- Went vacant for over a decade before becoming a Bass Pro Shop in 2015
- Major Memphis landmark that rivals the St. Louis Arch and Statue of Liberty
This iconic Bass Pro pyramid is a must-see for any outdoor enthusiast visiting Memphis. With ample parking and plenty of activities, it’s easy to spend an entire day exploring the world’s biggest Bass Pro Shop.
History of the Bass Pro Pyramid
The Memphis Pyramid was originally envisioned to have 3 pyramids modeled after the pyramids of Giza in Egypt. Only 1 was built, at 2/3 scale of the Great Pyramid.
The grand opening in 1991 was plagued by issues like backed up sewers. Financial difficulties led the pyramid to close in 2004 and remain mostly vacant for over 10 years.
In 2015, Bass Pro Shops renovated the pyramid into the largest Bass Pro Shop in the world. This turned the once struggling Memphis Pyramid into a popular tourist attraction.
What You’ll Find Inside the Largest Bass Pro Shop
This premier outdoor megastore and theme attraction includes:
- 5 Aquariums – View 400,000 gallons of freshwater and 200,000 gallons of saltwater up close
- Bowling Alley – Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl and Grill has a 12 lane bowling alley
- Shooting Ranges – Try out the archery and shooting ranges
- Restaurants – From burgers to sushi, dine high above Memphis in the observation bar
- Hotel – Spend the night in the on-site 105 room hotel surrounded by the aquariums
- Elevator Ride – Take Tennessee’s tallest free-standing elevator up 32 stories for views
- Retail Shopping – Browse hunting, fishing, boating, and outdoor gear
With entertainment, activities, restaurants, and shopping, it’s easy to see why this is the world’s largest Bass Pro Shop. The iconic Memphis pyramid houses an incredible experience for outdoor enthusiasts and anyone looking for adventure.